Simple Really! Take Control of Your Day ~ Webcare Solutions - A South Australia Web Design Company

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Simple Really! Take Control of Your Day

Many people who run their own business struggle with the need for discipline and routine. I love working in my own business and I love what I do. For me, it is not an issue of not focussing on work. Rather, it is about being focussed on the right type of work. I find it easy to get distracted by an email I have received or an idea that pops into my head. Then I tend to follow the scent of that new trail, rather than completing the task at hand (and then pursuing the other task at a more suitable time).
One of the emails I read and followed was from a guy called Mark Joyner. Mark has developed a goal setting and time management program called Simpleology. This is a slightly twee name, but the concept is fantastic. If you take the free 18 day program, you will find it all a bit slow until about day 12 - but then it starts to pay dividends. I skipped through quite a few of the first 12 days in a single setting, so you can certainly speed it up a bit.
Now though, I use the Daily Praxis program every day (a routine that takes about 15 minutes each day) - and you can manage it all on the web using the Simpleology Web Cockpit. This process enables me to identify all of the tasks that I want to get done, then all of the things I need to get done today. It is quite a bit more involved than that - but the gist of it is that you do not lose things that you haven̢۪t prioritised for today (you put them either in your mental lockbox or your dreamcatcher). You then pick them up tomorrow when you make a decision about how best to get them done.
Anyhow, my day is much more productive when I start with my Daily Praxis, than when I get lazy and skip it. So, if getting through the really important stuff each day is a bit of a challenge to you, then have a look at Simpleology. I reckon you might find it extremely useful.

For more information on web design services, visit webcare at http://www.webcare.com.au

No comments: